It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Site colour 

Post Re: Site colour
Nope Bear, get one full logo and one half. Prefer this colour to the blue easier on the eyes plus I always felt better in a green enviroment. :D

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:36 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Give me a few months to see if I can get used to it :lol:

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:59 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

The one thing I do miss is the topic colour changing when there's a new reply. I clicked on new posts this morning and found this thread but had to go through all the topic headings and the date of last post to find another, with the original skin the thread title would have remained red until I looked at it, a much easier and faster system.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:04 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I have just had another go and found you another green one Mark :o
It has Flags at the side that change with posts
What I need is a Longer Logo so Mark your work for the weekend is a longer logo I suppose it will be in my mailbox very soon if I know you
I have placed the chatbox at the top so you see who is online

Stu

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:42 am
Profile E-mail

Just a couple of minutes of this colour has given me a headache, not nice as far as I am concerned. How about finding some way of letting us choose our own? Got to log off now.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

How about a pair of sunglasses geordie haha :shock: It is hard to find the right colour though for different people yes it would be good if we could choose our own skins I will have a shufty but with these free forums we dont have much scope ...we have a nice chat room now which i spent a good half hour with Big Dave last night
I suppose we could have a poll on colour for the forum :?
get back to Mark or Myself on this one .Actually I like the size of the writing on this one and the green ....................well we had that long enough to get used to it :D
Stu

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Sorry Rupert but I must agrea with the others and prefor the old site as mark said it takes too long to find any thing on this one .

Must be old age

Brian

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Re: Site colour
hUH???
iTS BEEN CHANGED BACK BRIAN .Its hard to find the right skin .I actually did like the green one but it was not full screen like this one :(
on the old forum you could change your own skins but this one wont let us do that
Stu

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Actually, I believe this is the second color scheme that was used that several have expressed difficulities with (myself included). The original one (since the move) had the panzer picture filling the top of the page, not the tiny picture like now.

If I read everyone correctly, the issue isn't so much the color as it is the layout of the skin. The main issue with this one is that the icons to the left of each main thread heading are nearly impossible to read, insofar as whether there is a new post within or not. About the only effective way to tell that is to scan the dates to the right and see if there is something new since last you visited. That's a bother, but not too difficult for those who frequent the board at least daily. But as we know, most folks have lives and don't do that. ;) (Just kidding) And that gives them the added challenge of having to remember when it was they last visited. Otherwise they just have to go through each thread and see if they spot anything new. I think this might even go so far as to discourage some folks from visiting more often if it's a challenge each time they do.

I don't want to complain without offering a solution. But I suppose it's really up to the admins to scan through the available skins to see which one might meet at least the majority's desires. If there's any way I can help, please let me know, even if that means shutting the hell up! :D

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

---------
I cant remember which the Original Skin was "MARK !!!!"
I suppose we could try al of them out over the next few weekends and you guys can pick out the best
Stu

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail