Should only be held in Osnabruck 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Should move round the country 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't mind as long as we have a reunion 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Should be in the same location each year but not Hull 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

Reunion Location 
Site Admin

Post Reunion Location
This is a tricky one because in my heart-of-hearts I feel that the reunion should be held in Osnabruck where all the crimes were committed. However my head tells me that that would be expensive and would take up more time than nipping to a UK location for a night. Hull is the cheapest city in the UK in which to hold a reunion, hotel prices are far below the average and so is the cost of essentials such as beer. However members may feel that we should have a different location so this is your chance to vote and express your opinion, don't hold back!

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:51 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Reunion Location
I agree with you Mark on the reunion should be in Osnabruck BUT the cost and the time travelling makes scense that we have it some where in UK, I find Hull is the best place for me but a lot of other people would find it better to be more central in England, that leaves it with the big questen who would organise it.

Brian :ugeek:

Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:42 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

I am happy with it being Hull,for me it has got to be central England having to travel from Scotland.As Mark says Osnabruck would be the ideal place but it is the costs. :D

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Keep it in the same place as I get older I'm finding it difficult enough to remember where I am, who I am and what I am. If you start moving it around the country I'll be well and truely F****d.
Joking aside there was nothing wrong with the first reunion and I see no reason for moving it. Keep it the same place on the same weekend if possible.

Just my humble opinion of course. :lol:

Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Yea I guess Hull would be fine. From my point of view it would mean overnight hotel accomodation and accessablity from a railway station. I hate driving long distances these days.

The other more important point as regards a Reunion as far as I am concerned is;

I was never in 7 Field Ambulance. I was in 31 Fd and 4 Fd. When this site changed to as it is now I recall some emailed correspondence saying that it was a site for all Ex members of Field Ambulances. Is that still the case?

I do visit the RAMC Reunited site occasionally and have noticed that certain 'trades' do have their own reunions over and above the 'big one' that is for all RAMC regardless of rank, colour, creed etc etc.

If ex members of Fd Ambs thought it was ONLY for 7 Fd Amb then obviously they would not be interested in attending.

Having said all that, I have to take my hat off to you guys for your 'stickability' in it all.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

The site is primarilly for those who served at Osnabruck but we have included 31 Fd Amb as it amalgamated with 7 and many ex-members of 31 joined us at Osnabruck to form 2 Armd Div Fd Amb. The reunions are for anyone who served in any one of the aforementioned Field Ambulances.

Your post has given me food for thought though, perhaps we should open it up more to make it a forum for all ex-field ambulance personnel, perhaps have a seperate forum for each field ambulance.
What do people think, please post your thoughts.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Don't mind who its opened up to the more the merrier, as long as I can see who's posting!

Open it up Mark & Bear, lets get busy!!!!!

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:35 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

---------
I agree that it would be good to have it open to all Fld Ambs, but remember the work required to run it, admin it and do your normal 9-5 job,we would get a lot more people coming on the site, but from the people that I have met every one seems to have been in either 7,31, or 2ADFA at some time in their time in the Army.I look forward to others comments on this.

Brian 2,7, 16 ,18, 22

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:37 pm
Profile E-mail YIM