It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:01 pm

HM Custom and Excise 

Post HM Custom and Excise
Just let you all know there is a email message going round to ex military personel from the Inland revenue and customs office. I had one every week asking for my details as I had been found to be due tax back for £378.58, as they asked for military details then bank details includeing credit card details ,I contacted the local Tax Office to ask about the details required.
They said they have had a number of calls as people had sent the forms back then found amounts missing, as they gave the correct phone number to check except it had a 02 at the front of it.
The email has all the correct headings
HM Revenue & Customs
Tax returns for exmilitary individuals-2008-2009
The 3 lads that I have spoke to all had their Tax Back forms done by LLoydsTSB, which is who do mine.

Brian

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: HM Custom and Excise
A very worrying con Brian as it involves Military information as well as obtaining other records. How on earth did these people know that you were an ex-squaddie? I hope you went to the police Brian. Criminals wouldn't think twice about selling that military information to terrorists.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:57 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Hi Bri
Forward to us all this email if you still have it and we can forward it further this is a typical Scam and at the present a scam that would work with all these guys looking for extra money
I will put it out on my JTR RHYL forum we have some pretty old guys on there and they could just fall for this crap

THANKS FOR THE INFO
Stu

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:18 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

THEY find the ex Squaddies dead easy Mark just google "army forums "
Brea

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:19 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

martin245 wrote:
Hi Bri
Forward to us all this email if you still have it and we can forward it further this is a typical Scam and at the present a scam that would work with all these guys looking for extra money
I will put it out on my JTR RHYL forum we have some pretty old guys on there and they could just fall for this crap

THANKS FOR THE INFO
Stu

Yeah, like you for a start :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Folks
I have taken all the paper work that I hard copied to the Custom and Excise and the police allso my bank as they deal with a lot of ex forces.
The customs said they think it is from the tax returns we send off ,I send for tax back every year as they know that all tax returns for the forces and exforces are delt in the same office Glasgow or Leeds.
I will copy the papers out and send them to you Mark and Stewart as I have not worked out how to do it on this site.

Brian

still not that old still doing 3 runs a week (3 mile)LOL

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:54 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Mark wrote:
martin245 wrote:
Hi Bri

THANKS FOR THE INFO
Stu

Yeah, like you for a start :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

I resemble that remark
:mrgreen:

Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:54 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Hi Folks
I sent all the email I had as the police kept the last sheet and I had deleted every thing prior to going to see them and the Customs people

Brian
PS I have sent an email Aust Humour if you could forward it to our Aust membersas I could not find his email address
Br

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:39 pm
Profile E-mail YIM