It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:11 am

A Very Warm Welcome 
Site Admin

Post A Very Warm Welcome
We are very pleased to welcome you to our new-look forum. We have tried to make the forum a little more interesting to people but feel the forum should be a living thing shaped by its members. Please post suggestions (each new suggestion as a seperate topic) here and let's make this a great forum!

Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:21 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: A Very Warm Welcome
Hi Mark
The new sight looks good . I hope it may stop some of the bickering that seemed to be starting to happen on the old sight. I may be a long way from home but I thought I could always come back to the sight to get some hamony with people that I knew and got on with.I hope the reunions keep going because I may not be able to come to the next one but I will turn up sometime.My wife and I are planning to come home in 2011 so I hope they are still going then. I don't mind where you are holding them then because we intend to be there.
I have seen some of the photo.s Geordie W put on the sight and there are a couple of me that I thought I was never that young.
Hope you are all keeping in good health,
Best wishes
Frank Widd

Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

It doesn't matter when it is Frank, just so long as we do get to see you again!
I'll do my best to ensure the reunions keep going and hopefully by 2011 we may have a fair few coming.
Have a look at the polls and cast your vote, in particular we would like to know what time of year suits people best.
When you do get over here don't forget to come and stay with us for a sherbert or two!

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Post Frank Wid
A big Welcome from me to the New site
Mark has put a section up for New Photos so you could show us all where you are now mate
I would also love to see you at a Reunion .You could even wear your Para Smock :lol:
and maybe i could swap cameras with you :P
cu
Stu

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Who has nicked the 7 from the header photo??? :o

Brian :ugeek:

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:20 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Ha Ha Ha :D
Well spotted Brian you win the pleasure of buying the first round at the Reu
Stu

Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:17 am
Profile E-mail

Hi all,
My only suggestion would be to make it clear if this site was 'solely' for ex members of 7 Fd Amb or for all ex members of whatever Field Ambulances they were in.

As I mentioned on the forum about the reunion, I was in 31 Fd Amb and also 4 Fd Amb. I was not at 31 Fd when it amalgamated with 7 Fd so I am technically not connected at all to 7 Fd. Get my drift?

I also did notice in an email whilst this site was being set up that it was to be open to all ex-members of Field Ambulances whichever one they were in. I think that needs to be made clear at the onset. Best clarify and publish it now whilst in the early days.

regards,

Pedro (pete) Nelson

a big Arsenal fan as Frank would remember from our days the A School.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Hi Pete

I think the site's title 'Field Ambulance Osnabruck' says it all, however as I said in my reply to your post in 'Reunion' we welcome ex-members of 31 as well.
In reality any ex Field Ambulance member would be more than welcome to join the site and contribute. On the last site we had an ex-USAF member who made many valuable and, gratefully received, contibutions.
I for one would be very grateful for any anecdotes you may wish to post about any field ambulance you may have been in.
Its nice to see you are well on the mend and even better to see you on this forum

Up the Dial Square!

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

If you were in 31 Arsenal you must qualify for the forum .Like Mark states it is open for any Field Amb Member because with the Medical corps being not as large as most Rgts most people know someone from somewhere or other
So come on in and I welcome you to the New Forum
Stu

Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail

---------
Hi Mark,

"up Dial Square". Very impressed with your knowledge of Arsenal!

I am feeling a lot lot better now and am in remission. Obviously not out of the woods completely but I am happy with that!

We often hear people saying when sad things happen that it 'puts a different perspective' on life. I have to say that in my case that is absolutely true.

This coming October my wife and I are off to the Philippines for a month. My wife is a Filipina. The consultants have advised me against travel etc. What am I supposed to do? Live in a cacoon? Somehow it is difficult to explain-- but having a 'second chance' is a great feeling!

I'll pop into this site now and again as an ex -member of 31 Fd Amb. About Osnabruk. I read something recently that the last remnants of anything military has left. I cannot remember the Unit but they have been relocated to Catterick for their sins.

That happened to Dortmund a few years back. I went their about 2 to 3 years ago to see what remained. It was sad to see the whole Kaserne flattened and replaced by hotels, offices etc. haing said that- Dortmund looked a much much better place now than in the 60's! Colourful rather than grey and miserable.

I hope the site takes off and it gives lots of enjoyment to all.

regards,

Pete.

Question for Mark. Who did Arsenal get their first strip from-- they were borrowed from whom?

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:15 am
Profile E-mail