It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:55 pm

1959/60 MRS Sennelager or Hobart Brks Detmold out there??? 

Post 1959/60 MRS Sennelager or Hobart Brks Detmold out there???
Hello have just joined this site My intake at Crookham Nat/Service was 5904 # 23619932 Our DI was Cpl Morgan, over to MRS Sennelager August 59, Capt Colwell was MO and CO was Colonel Robertson ?? or Roberts, there was a Cpl Rennie there and a regular St/Serg McCombe( nice guy), me and another lad used to babysit his kids for a free beer and sarnies occasionally!! got posted to Detmold (Hobart Brks) in 60' made the dizzy height of Full Cpl!! att to 1 Lt AAC Wing, had a fancy blue beret,but never did anything with them ,ran the MI room had a couple of 3rd Royal Tank orderlies and 2 RAMC guys the MO was Capt Willets ,Capt Cash RAMC was at Lemgo for the 17/21st Lancers and down the road we had Royal Scots Grays I remember we had the Duke of Kent there at the time and he came in to have something done with his ear and I stuffed it with cotton wool as per instructions from the other MO Capt Roberts,( I could se right thro' to the other side of his head when I did that!!) kidding!!! the block I was in had the RMP's upstairs, Medics on grd floor and Dental Corps in basement it was an ex Nazi barracks and there were swastikas on the undersides of some of the tables and chairs!!

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:56 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
Post Re: 1959/60 MRS Sennelager or Hobart Brks Detmold out there???
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you had an interesting time. I was at Sennelager in late 73, some 13 years after you! Have a look at Hobart Barracks about the time you mention. I hope it brings some happy memories flooding back.

Mark

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:33 am
Profile E-mail